Here are 14 of the most interesting trends identified by the Startup Genome Report, some of which are intuitive and some of which may come as a surprise. Among them? Investors may be less help than they think. Take a look:
- Founders that learn are more successful: Startups that have helpful…
My summary of the Startup Genome’s key findings:
- Pivot, pivot, pivot
- Go lean in terms of capital, scaling, and expectations
- Technical founders: all metrics of success indicate that a balanced founding team is the way to go. (This is especially nice to hear, as a person from the business side of things who has an inferiority complex to technologists.)
- If you think you’ve estimated and segmented your market properly… your numbers are most likely still wrong.
- The Internet is a game-changer for businesses. (As if we didn’t already know…)